I love giving gifts because I put so much thought into things. I don’t make a list, I go to places like World Market and walk around 10x to absorb what’s there. Then, I think about the people I’m buying for to see if there’s anything that fits. Not everyone has that kind of time or patience so I’ve come up with a few easy yet meaningful things that will warm any traveler’s heart.
- Travel Check List, $8
- If the traveler in your life is a procrastinator, indecisive, or both, this is a lifesaver. Never again will they have that ‘Have I left something behind?’ feeling! This notepad is multiple use and keeps you on track with packing so *hopefully* they can simplify the process.
- Space Saver Bags, $7.99
- This is so important for when you have limited suitcase space but need to get in as much, or as bulky, clothes as possible. I got a set of 4, including 2 large and 2 small sizes, at Ross but there’s plenty for cheap on Amazon (as linked).
- Travel Adapter, $13.99
- If your traveler is going abroad for the 1st time, or 50th, you really can’t have enough adapters. I brought one on my 1st trip to Europe and was constantly having to switch devices for charging. This is SO helpful.
- Fancy Notepads, $6.95 – $12.99
- Sure, sounds blase at first. However, whether your traveler is flying across the ocean with no WIFI or their digital necessities are in need of a charge, being able to actually write something can make or break a situation.
- Reusable Travel Bottle Pack, $4.99
- Perhaps one of the most annoying things about traveling is having to keep up with the exacts of liquid amounts you can carry on the plane. Do your traveler a favor and don’t let them settle for generic toiletries and instead pack their own with ease.
There’s plenty more where that came from! This is a good list to start from so you’re not going out of pocket too hard but still being thoughtful and providing your traveler with something useful. If you need MOAR ideas, just send me a message and I’ll see what I can do!
If you really wanted any of these gifts to come from the heart, it would be possible to DIY something very similar with the same impact. Perhaps one of my New Year Resolutions should be to get more hands on with fun projects like these?